The journey to homeownership is an exhilarating and significant milestone. A crucial decision in this path is whether to buy an existing home or to embark on building a new one.
At Century Custom Homes, we boast a team of experts in every aspect of the homeownership process, from architects and designers to contractors and realtors. We are committed to helping you transition into the home of your dreams, whether through purchase or construction. A key factor in this decision is understanding the cost implications of each choice.
Updated Cost Estimates for Building a Home in Arizona
As of December 2023, the landscape of building a new home in Arizona shows a diverse range of costs, influenced by the type of property you envision. Generally, purchasing an existing home or opting for a spec home from a builder tends to be more cost-effective. On the other hand, designing a unique custom home is often the most expensive option, while building a semi-custom home offers a middle ground in terms of cost.
The typical expense for constructing a 2,000-square-foot house in Arizona at present varies between $170,000 and $480,000. This estimate can vary significantly based on factors such as location, size, and customization level. The average construction cost per square foot in Arizona is about $170.
Key Factors Influencing Building Costs
The diverse range of preferences in home construction makes it challenging to provide a precise estimate. However, certain elements significantly impact the overall cost:
- Land: The choice of location is a major determinant in the cost of building a new home. Options include constructing in a developer neighborhood, on a lot pre-purchased by a construction company, or buying your own land.
- Architecture: The design of the house can have a significant impact on costs. Selecting from pre-designed plans with a builder is cost-effective, whereas hiring an architect for a fully custom design adds extra costs.
- Shell: This represents a major portion of construction costs, covering all building materials and labor. The quality of materials and the reputation of the building team can greatly influence this cost.
- Major Systems: Essential utilities like plumbing and HVAC systems are vital components. Basic installations start around $35,000, with variations based on preferences and options for energy efficiency and eco-friendliness.
- Finishes & Appliances: Interior elements like cabinetry, flooring, and appliances form a substantial part of the budget. Here, homeowners can make cost-effective decisions, especially in semi-custom or fully custom homes.
Building Your Dream Home with Century Custom Homes
Century Custom Homes dedicates itself to constructing homes that align with your vision and budget. Century Custom Homes prides itself on having a group of professionals who specialize in all aspects of the process of owning a home, including architects, designers, contractors, and real estate agents. Our dedication is to assist you in achieving your dream home, whether that be through buying or building. Our clear pricing and various home options keep you informed during your home-building journey.
If you're considering the costs of building a house currently, building a typical 2,000-square-foot house in Arizona can cost anywhere between $170,000 and $480,000 on average. If you are in Arizona and are curious about your options, reach out to us at 602-980-4321. Our team is ready to discuss your home-building dreams and assist in making your dream home a reality!